Monday, January 23, 2012

Progress...sort of

It feels like it has been forever since I've posted about a project. Oh, right. It has been forever. :)

We have several things up in the air at the moment. Making slow progress between Mateo working and me schooling.
I almost never talk about the basement because we started stuff before I even started blogging and it's mostly sat around because it was just headache-y. We are making built-ins.

Big excitement is that the book cases are finally built and painted!

Look at those gorgeous books. Mateo and I both love reading. That's not actually all of our books. I just didn't feel like it was home with all those still crammed in boxes so I'm sooo excited.


Even if the bottom cabinets are still not done.

We did just add an electric fireplace. Partly 'cause it will look nice when we build it in, and partly because it does put out heat and it's chilly downstairs in the winter.

I've talked about the stairs before. Long time ago. Sigh.


But I just tried out Lovely Crafty Home's paper treatment, and I thought it was going to be great, but then it dried, and....grrr. It's all flaking off. I need to go make sure I followed the instructions correctly. I knew it would take awhile to complete all the steps though. But, I thought I had made progress.

It's all down and the wall is clean and bare now
In the living room, it is hard for me to feel like progress is happening. I took down the burlap wall. :( I had to because we are putting in wider base boards and crown molding. The burlap is going back up as soon as that is done. I miss it!

I pried off the first bit of baseboard, so that is progress too. This is what I keep telling myself. Once the baseboards are off, we will be repainting the room too. It's going to take time to get it all done since we don't have as much spare time as we used to, but the room I can see in my head is awesome. I will love it when it's done. 

This post may be linked at the following parties (for their Blog Buttons see my Link Love page): (M) C.R.A.F.T., Amaze Me Monday, Sumo's Sweet Stuff,  (T) A Little Birdie Told Me  Stories of A to Z, The Blackberry Vine, How To's Day , Type A, Amaze Me August, , Show Me What Ya Got,  (W) Wow MeBlue Cricket Design, What I Whipped UpWicked Awesome Wednesday, Sweet Peas & Bumblebees (TH) The ArtsyGirl ConnectionCreative Juice, Thrifty 101 , Smilemonsters , Everything But the Kitchen Sink, Shabby Chic Cottage, Thrifty Thursdays, House of Hepworth's,  (F) Fingerprints on the Fridge, Furniture Feature Friday,  Lovely Crafty Weekend , Remodelaholic, For the Kids Fridays, , Craft Goodies, (Sat) Tatertots and Jello , Anything Goes , Funky Junk Interiors (Sun) Creative Blog & Hop, Sundae Scoop, Under the Table and Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn! What's on your mind?