Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Design on No Dime

Our bathroom needs help. I want to take the tile out, but it's just not in the cards right now.

I talked about the why's and how's of the dandelion shower curtain in this post.

I wasn't thrilled because it was just too dark for the space. Gabe ran in and exclaimed, "Cool, mom! You made it look smaller!" Uh, yeah. That's exactly what I was going for. :/


Then I wanted to steal the bathroom valence for the kitchen, so I replaced it with the one from the kitchen which I knew was too big, but I just went with it anyway.
It was starting to look like I should just throw up a disco ball and call it the seventies. It was getting bad. I cringed when people asked to use the bathroom because I didn't want them to see it!

But, with other things going on, I did not want to spend any money on it right now. So, I shopped my house.

I found green curtains I no longer use, and discovered that it takes two curtain panels to span the bathtub. I just put the tabs through the curtain rings and overlapped the panels in the middle.

I found the flower valence as well. I was surprised I still had it because it's just not my style anymore, but for the purposes of this bathroom, I was going with it because it fit the window better.
I didn't have anything that could stand in as a bath mat, so I tried to bleach the lime green one. But, alas, being made of synthetics, it didn't work. So, it doesn't really match, but still. It looks better than before.

Before.

After.

And I spent zero dollars!

This post may be linked at the following parties (for their Blog Buttons see my Link Love page): (M) C.R.A.F.T., Amaze Me Monday, Sumo's Sweet Stuff,  (T) A Little Birdie Told Me  Stories of A to Z, The Blackberry Vine, How To's Day , Type A, Amaze Me August, , Show Me What Ya Got,  (W) Wow MeBlue Cricket Design, What I Whipped UpWicked Awesome Wednesday, Sweet Peas & Bumblebees (TH)   Creative Juice, Thrifty 101 , Smilemonsters , Everything But the Kitchen Sink, Shabby Chic Cottage, Thrifty Thursdays, House of Hepworth's,  (F) Fingerprints on the Fridge, Furniture Feature Friday,  Lovely Crafty Weekend , Remodelaholic, For the Kids Fridays, , Craft Goodies, (Sat) Tatertots and Jello , Anything Goes , Funky Junk Interiors (Sun) Creative Blog & Hop, Sundae Scoop, Under the Table and Dreaming

2 comments:

  1. Love the clever use of the panel curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and beautifully done!

    Thank you so much for sharing your talent on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! With all the parties out there to choose from, it means a lot that you take the time be a part of mine! Warmest wishes, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?