Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Master Bedroom Color Wow

The power of paint never ceases to amaze me. We hadn't touched our bedroom since we moved here, and in fact, hadn't done much for our room in many years.

So here is the before:

The green walls were there when we moved in. It was nice and bright, but I really wanted something deep and dark and cozy.

I bought that quilt 9 years ago with the plan that we would have a dark room. But we rented for so long was never practical to paint.
Gabe actually found the perfect color. He collects paint chips every time we go to a home improvement store. :) 
 
The moment I started I knew I loved it. That doesn't always happen, you know?

Love it! I can't stop admiring it when I'm in there. 

It even makes the door and closet doors look great and I figured I needed to paint them or something. So glad I did the walls first.
The color is French Gray by Glidden. Which incidentally I also really liked the low VOC formula.

We still need to actually decorate. And just ignore Matt's messy dresser. After 11 years, I have given up. I have come to terms with it. :) He needs a new dresser, I need a new night stand, we need a headboard and I'm thinking new sheets and curtains.

But for now, I just love going in there and snuggling down.

This post may be linked at the following parties (for their Blog Buttons see my Link Love page): (M) C.R.A.F.T., Amaze Me Monday, Sumo's Sweet Stuff,  (T) A Little Birdie Told Me  Stories of A to Z, The Blackberry Vine, How To's Day , Type A, Amaze Me August, , Show Me What Ya Got,  (W) Wow MeBlue Cricket Design, What I Whipped UpWicked Awesome Wednesday, Sweet Peas & Bumblebees (TH)   Creative Juice, Thrifty 101 , Smilemonsters , Everything But the Kitchen Sink, Shabby Chic Cottage, Thrifty Thursdays, House of Hepworth's,  (F) Fingerprints on the Fridge, Furniture Feature Friday,  Lovely Crafty Weekend , Remodelaholic, For the Kids Fridays, , Craft Goodies, (Sat) Tatertots and Jello , Anything Goes , Funky Junk Interiors (Sun) Creative Blog & Hop, Sundae Scoop, Under the Table and Dreaming
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the color, too! I too am obsessed with paint....it is so transformative. My little guy picks out his own paint chips at the store as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?