Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stairs Revealed

I am updating our basement stairs. Here's the before:
 
 
Beige. Trippy stairs (and not trippy in a good way). And well, it's just not pretty.
But all that's changed!
 
Ta da...
Isn't that just the greatest pop of color? It's just what I needed in that space!
 
Did I get you? Do you really think that's what I'm going with? I totally punked you! Tee Hee. I truly crack myself up. Oh, and props for the Ashton Kutcher reference, right?
Okay, so here's what happened. We really are changing the stairs, and we also want to take that wall out. So, Mateo pried off the paneling to reveal ugly, crazy 1960s (I can't be sure, it just seems that way) wallpaper. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have found what 1970s paneling is better than - 1960s wallpaper. :) You want another look, I know.

 
That part of the wall is already out now. But the next part required the saw and little more time that we had, so now my stairs look like this:
 
Sad, to say that it is better this way than the wallpaper. For the actual inspiration, check out this post.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Those strawberries are a hoot! I see that you are going to town on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?