Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FAIL

I'm pretty good with colors. I can usually be certain of a color just by the paint chip. But since, at least for now, I'm keeping the tile in my bathroom, I decided to buy one of those testers. Glidden has these cute little bottles that are kind of like nail polish bottles of paints. It's easy peasy, you just find the one you want and for a little less than $2, you're out of there, no waiting at the counter. 
I have beige tiles from the late 40s early 50s. I'm not sure really. These tiles look suspicously like tiles that are always labeled vintage 50s, but I know the house was built in the late 40s so my guess is that these tiles have always been there. And for the most part, they are in good condition.
I'd like to take it out, but I don't have the time, energy, or money to deal with that mess. So, working with beige it is. I thought about blue, but everybody and their brother and second cousin twice removed has a blue bathroom. I like to be different. (No offense if you have a blue bathroom because it usually looks good. I just don't want one. Okay? Friends again?) I decided to go with gray, but would gray work with the tile, I wondered? I kind of wanted a dark gray. Enter, the Glidden tester in Seal Gray...

...and FAIL! It doesn't work at all! Boo.
So, now I have dark gray (Deathstar Gray, people, not Seal, Deathstar) in my bathroom. Now I'm really motivated to fix it. I'm going back for a light gray with blue undertones. Wish me luck. It wasn't on the agenda, but apparently this week, I'll be painting a bathroom. ;)  

2 comments:

  1. How about a oool sea green or sunny D orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestions. I'm just such a green fanatic, I'm trying to steer myself in a different direction. My living room has oodles of green and I'm planning to paint the exterior of my house green this summer. And I already have green accessories in the bathroom and I have a green kitchen...shall I go on? :) Green would work in the bathroom though. Perhaps it will happen anyway.

    I don't know about the orange. I clearly like orange as well, just not sure with that beige. hmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! What's on your mind?